This week we are looking at a forward lunge. A forward lunge requires excellent control over the body and strength in the legs to lift and recover the leg.
- Tips to achieving a good lunge:
- Turn front foot out to 45 degrees
- Turn the back foot out to 90 degrees
- Keep front knee turned out and over toes
- Lock back leg
- Push into front knee
- Take body forward to create a straight line from head to back heel
- Tighten core and keep body very still
- Ensure hips are square and straight
- Ensure when you recover from a lunge than you lock both legs, especially your supporting leg
- When recovering front foot, it should not be kicked forward but controlled to recover.