Head to Knee at Astride
- Sit in astride sit
- Shoulders over hips, chest up, knees straight, legs turned out and toes pointed (this picture has feet flexed, but toes should be pointed)
- Take forehead towards knee, stretching body as far as you can to flatten it and create a better stretch
- Grasp ankle ensuring fingers are underneath the ankle with thumbs on top. Keep fingers together.
- Pull elbows in and down towards the floor
- Keep both knees straight
- Both legs need to be turned out – ensure that the leg you aren’t putting your head on does not roll in
- Ensure shoulders are pulled back and that neck is lengthened
Here are some stretches that will help you to keep your legs turned out.