The New Year is here and Physie classes are commencing all over Australia!
Girls and women of all ages are walking into their classes, excited and ready to learn the new routines and choreography.
Here are some tips to help you remember your new routines for 2020!
1. Focus on a chunk of moves and the sequence to help it all flow, rather than each position individually.
2. Mark through the work slowly.
3. Repetition, repetition, repetition. This will help the muscle memory kick in!
4. Think of cues that will help you remember what comes next.
5. Change lines so that you don’t rely on the person in front of you to remember the routine!
6. Repeat the work in your mind – this can be just as effective as physically doing the routine.
7. Think happy thoughts! Be positive and don’t expect to get it all perfect the first time. Relax and enjoy yourself and the movements will come.
8. Practice at home. Memory is a skill that improves the more you do it, just like anything else.