Exciting news!!!! It’s competition time!!!!
There are plenty more opportunities for you to participate in the 125Y Spectacular by submitting photos and videos, a selection of which will appear on the night and/or on the commemorative DVD.
We will be choosing the best entry and naming a winner on Friday 2nd December. The lucky winner will receive
2 Opera House Tickets in the front of the dress circle.
You have two weeks to enter as many times as you like – we can’t wait for your videos and photo’s!
- You can send photos/videos for any or all of the projects.
- Submissions are open to all girls, seniors, ladies, Associates, parents, supporters, individuals, friends, clubs…anyone who loves Physie!
- Here is all the info you need so please read carefully, right to the end.
Please send us photos celebrating special physie moments past or present. You are able to submit up to 3 photos. Here’s some ideas:
- Attending physie class
- Wearing your club tracksuit
- Hanging out with physie friends
- Having your hair done for competitions
- Practicing in your living room
- Getting ready for class
- Being with your team
- Putting on your champion girl number
- Giving your parents a hug at competition
- Competing at club comps
- Celebrating at your Christmas party
Please aim for your photos to be candid rather than posed. We want you to capture the feeling in the moment.
Please send your photo as high a resolution as possible, ideally taken with natural light rather than with flash. We can only use photos that are of high quality, not blurry and must be a jpeg with large file size. Scans of printed photos should be 600dpi.
You and your teacher
Please submit a photo of you and your teacher, ideally with your teacher in her Associate’s uniform. Feel free to submit a photo of your teacher and yourself, with another student, or with a group of students. It can be posed or candid, but ideally this is a close up photo so we can see everyone’s faces.
125 Year Anniversary message
Please send us a photo or a video wishing BJP a “Happy 125th birthday”. If you would like to send a video, the audio will not be used, so please make your message visual. You can blow out a candle on a cup cake, take a photo of a poster you have made, spell out “125” with your Physie class, do Auslan, whatever you like.
The BjPop! around Australia
We are going to make a video clip of as many students as possible dancing the BjPop! as per the 2016 syllabus video. Please pick the 16 counts you like the best and film yourself, your friends, your club, your teacher, your Mum, your dog….doing your favourite 16 counts. We would love you to film the dance anywhere you can think of – at class, at competition, on your holidays, on your farm, at your school, in your bedroom, in the park, under your suburb signs. We would love to see Physie girls dancing the BjPop! all over Australia, so please be creative and unique.
General Information and Terms
- Photos and videos must be received by the due date to be considered.
- We cannot personally inform you if your photo has been used or not.
- By sending in your photo/video, you give BJP consent to use your image or footage at the live event on 24 June 2017 and potentially on the DVD without any personal credit or financial gain.
- Photos should be sent via email to email@example.com as a jpeg with the largest quality file possible.
- Videos should be no longer than 15 seconds at a minimum of 1280p x 720p in the format of .mov or . A standard iPhone records at 1080p HD so this is less than ideal, but if you have no other option, please use this one. For video, please make sure you hold the camera steady, ideally using a tripod or mounting it on a stable surface, and that you ideally record in bright natural light.
- Videos should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org via large file sharing websites such ashttps://www.hightail.com or https://www.wetransfer.com or burnt to a DVD or USB and posted to BJP, at PO Box 67 Eastwood NSW 2122.
- DVDs and USBs will not be returned.
- For any submissions, please put “125Y Submission” into the email subject line and add the following information to your email:
- Your name
- Your BJP club
- The photo or video project you are submitting for.