It’s almost time! Competitions are fast approaching….But are you ready?!
Physie is about creating a healthy body from your head to your toes. Why not use these holidays to get into a routine that involves stretching. Take a look at how squeezing a daily stretch in to your schedule can benefit your body and mind.
For Your Body
- Increases your range of motion (improves your flexibility)
- Assists in correct posture by lengthening tight muscles that pull areas of the body away from their natural alignment.
- Prepares your body for exercise therefore the potential of an injury is decreased.
- Reduces muscle soreness due to the increase of blood and nutrient supply to muscles.
For Your Mind
- Stretching gives your mind a chance to prepare for exercise.
- Even a short amount of time (10-15 minutes) of stretching can calm the mind.
- Physie provides you with a chance to spend an hour releasing tension physically and mentally
No matter what your stretching goal is, you must be warm first. Stretching doesn’t make you warm, so ensure that you do some form of movement first to get yourself ready.
Here are some suggested stretches to help you get the most out of your routine: