- Place hands on floor with fingers pointing away from your body to the back corners of the room
- Keep fingers together
- Elbows should be straight
- Bend knees – keep feet and knees together
- Lift body off the floor – be careful not to arch the back and over puff the chest. Try to create a straight line with body from shoulders to knees. Don’t arch the back, squeeze bottom and abdominals.
- The line from shoulders to wrists should be vertical
- The line from knees to ankles should be vertical
- Pull shoulders back
- Keep head in line with body
- Lift chin to extend the line and take head back slightly.
Ask your physie teacher for some great exercises to help build your core strength for this move.