Sounds simple doesn’t it? Lie on your tummy. What could go wrong? Well, there are some very simple things to focus on getting right and, believe it or not, lots of physie girls (even senior girls!) don’t always remember to do them.
- Ensure that your legs are in parallel position (that means not turned out) and straight.
- Make sure your heels are touching each other and sides of big toes touching each other.
- Ensure that your arms are wide enough that your shoulders are not sticking up. Relax your shoulders and let them sink down towards the floor.
- A good tip to achieve this is to do the heave position when lying down then just undo your hands and place them flat on the floor, without moving your arms any closer to your body.
- And last, but not least, make sure your head is in line with your body! That means your face is parallel to the floor and your nose is JUST off the floor. There should be no arch in the back of the neck. From the front, we should not be able to see your face at all.