This week we are looking at a forward lunge. A forward lunge requires excellent control over the body and strength in the legs to lift and recover the leg.
Tips to achieving a good lunge
- Turn front foot out to 45 degrees and back foot to 90 degrees
- Keep knee turned out and over knee
- Lock back leg
- Push into knee
- Take body forward to create a straight line from head to toe
- Tighten core and keep body very still
- Ensure hips are square and straight
*Ensure when you recover from a lunge than you lock both legs, especially your supporting leg.