Tips for making a correct square kneel position.
• Ensure your arms are parallel to legs – create a square
• Tighten abdominals to create a strong core
• Don’t allow body to arch
• Keep arms straight and shoulders back
• Push your hands into the floor
• Ensure feet are flat on the floor with heels together
• Keep head in line with spine
Here are some pitfalls to watch out for:
– don’t let your insteps come up off the floor or your heels come apart
– don’t let your back be rounded (humpy) or arched (a dip in the middle)
– when coming from prone lie (on your tummy) move your hands back far enough to push to square kneel without moving your knees or feet.