We have a rich and colourful history in Australia that dates back to 1892 when a man from Denmark had a vision to help Australians to be healthy. His name was Hans-Christian Bjelke-Petersen. And the rest, as they say, is history…
In a few short years we will reach our 125th Anniversary and there will most definitely be a celebration! But in the meantime we have begun a project to collate the history of BJP. In 1994, there was a fire in the offices of BJP which destroyed all of the archives so, although we have some historical photos, there is a huge amount that was lost.
We need your help!
It’s time to go through the treasure chest in the attic, the bottom of the wardrobe and those boxes in the garage. We want your physie history. If you have any of the following, we want it:
– physie photos pre-dating 1960
– prizes: medals, badges, trophies and certificates pre-dating 1950
– tickets and programs of events and competitions (other than Opera House)
– old uniforms, tunics and leotards (pre-lycra)
– teaching badges, certificates, booklets, teaching aids etc.
– old leaflets, advertising or banners pre-dating 1960
– syllabus booklets pre-dating 1964
What have we forgotten? Do you have something else you think we might be interested in?
For photos, you can either scan and email a digital version to us, or post the original for us to keep. If you have information about the photo please write it on the back or attach it to the email.
For items other than photos, you can either:
– photograph your item and post a photo for us to keep or email a digital photo to us OR…
– post us the item and we will photograph it and return them to you after the project is finished. (For large or un-postable items, we may be able to come to you to photograph them).
All emails to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘HISTORY PROJECT’
All post to: The BJP History Project, 7 Robert Street, Greenwich NSW 2065
If you have any questions please phone Shirley on:
02 9439 1128 02 9906 4912 or 0408 970912
Help us to preserve BJP’s history for future generations and create something special for the 125th Anniversary in 2017!