Amended 26 July 2012
FOR CHAMPION GIRL / LADY COMPETITIONS
- All competitors must be registered with the Bjelke-Petersen School of Physical Culture.
- Competitors must arrive at the competition at least 30 minutes before the starting time set down in the Competition Timetable.
- The BJP official running the competition reserves the right to refuse entry to any competitor who is not ready to be marshalled within 15 minutes of the starting time.
- Only BJP leotards stamped with the BJP emblem are permitted to be worn in competitions. Leotard styles may be worn from any year, current or previous and must be branded by the BJP authorised manufacturer.
- Competitors must compete in the section according to their current age and/or category. They may not enter an alternate individual competition under any circumstances.
- Videoing of competitors is allowed from the BACK view only. Parents may only video their own child.
- Only competitors who comply with the dress code may perform.
- Competitors and spectators must NOT enter the judging area at any time, with the exception of competitors to receive prizes.
- The Judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the Judges’ decisions.
FOR JUNIORS 5 – 14 YEARS
- No teasing of hair, high or wide styles, false hair pieces or colour-tinting of hair is allowed.
- Hair may be curled if preferred and must be neatly groomed, may be worn loose, tied in bunches, ponytail, or half up/half down. Neutral coloured hair pins and elastics only may be used to secure the hair neatly.
- No hair accessories are allowed other than a single PLAIN ribbon (no wider than 2.5 cm).
- The single ribbon may be used to tie a bow or as a plain headband to keep hair back.
- No tan of any description, face or body glitter is allowed.
- No eye make-up is allowed (13-14 yr olds ONLY may wear minimal amount of mascara and eyeliner).
- No false nails or nail polish is allowed. This includes acrylic, stick-on, gel coatings or any other kind.
- No jewellery is allowed (except for tiny plain ear studs which are unable to be removed).
- Skin-coloured mesh or plain tights are allowed for all competitors.
- A minimal amount of foundation, lipstick and blush may be worn.
FOR SENIORS & LADIES
- No hair accessories are allowed to be worn in individual competitions.
- No jewellery is allowed except for wedding/engagement rings and small stud earrings (either gold, silver or gems).
- “Foot thongs” are permitted to be worn in all competitions for Ladies and Seniors 15 yrs & upward.