There’s not many companies in Australia that are older than the Royal Australian Navy, the Flying Doctor Service and the Australian Taxation Office, but BJP is one of them! We have a rich history dating back to 1892 and we need your help to re-create the archives.
In a few short years it will be our 125th Anniversary and we’ve begun a project to collate the history of BJP. In 1994, there was a fire in the offices of BJP which destroyed all of the archives so, although we have some historical photos, there is a huge amount that was lost and we need your help!
It’s time to go through the treasure chest in the attic, the bottom of the wardrobe and those boxes in the garage. We want your physie history. If you have any of the following, we want it:
– physie photos prior 1960
– prizes prior 1950 (e.g. medals,
badges, trophies & certificates)
– tickets & programs (prior O.H.)
– old uniforms, tunics & leotards
– teaching badges, certificates
– booklets, teaching aids etc.
– leaflets or advertising prior 1960
– syllabus booklets prior 1964
– something else you think we might be interested in?
For photos, you can either scan and email a digital version to us, or post the original for us to keep. If you have information about the photo please write it on the back or attach it to the email.
For items other than photos, you can either:
– photograph your item and post a photo for us to keep or email a digital photo to us OR…
– post us the item and we will photograph it and return them to you after the project is finished. (For large or un-postable items, we may be able to come to you to photograph them).
All emails to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘HISTORY PROJECT’
All post to: The BJP History Project, 7 Robert Street, Greenwich NSW 2065
If you have any questions please phone Shirley on:
02 9439 1128 02 9906 4912 or 0408 970912
BJP has a fascinating history – help us to preserve it for future generations!