Prop on Side
- This position is often overlooked and is mistakenly used as a time to relax the body or slouch into the floor. It is important the body is lifted!
- Place hands on floor pointing forward – fingers together.
- One arm elbow is placed under the shoulder creating a straight line down to the floor. The other arm is bent and hand place flat on floor in front of your diaphragm.
- Ensure body is lifted out of hips and off the floor.
- Ensure feet are together and toes in line.
- Knees should be locked tight.
- Pull shoulders back – chest expanded.
- Lift the chin and extend neck to the roof.
Remember, when you raise the top leg, the body must remain firm and still, not sag towards the floor and the hips should remain in line, not fall backwards.